TRAINING / FFL TRANSFERS
Certified Firearm Training in Laurel, Maryland
Learn how to handle pistols with NRA certified firearm training Instructor from Haze Line Guns in Laurel, Maryland.
Our instructors are trained and Maryland State Police Certified to provide the training and certification
required to purchase/own a handgun HERE IN THE GREAT STATE OF MARYLAND. Complete your training and receive your certificate upon course completion.
If you haven’t already owned a gun in Maryland, you must take a four-hour class and qualify before you
may purchase any regulated firearms here in Maryland. Our store offers on-site training for BASIC handgun certification.
Maryland HQL (Hand Gun Qualifying License), NRA Basic Pistol & In the Home Protection. Schedule a class by selecting your class date with our portal. Just click on the image to your right of the HQL card and make your selection
Get your HQL Training with Haze Line and get 15% 0ff Firearm MSRP 90 days from Class Completion.
HQL Class $75.00
Basic Pistol Beginner Course 1 hour Live Fire 50rds $120.00
Unless otherwise exempt, as of October 1, 2013, a Maryland resident must possess a valid Handgun Qualification License before he/she may purchase, rent, or receive a handgun. Details on exemptions may be found below. You do not need a Handgun Qualification License to own a gun you already have. The Handgun Qualification License is only needed for purchasing, transferring, or renting a regulated firearm after October 1, 2013.
Click here to view the full text of the Law
Please Note: Residency exemptions have been made for active military personnel and their spouses.
Q: How do you verify the credentials of current or retired military personnel?
A: Please refer to the following web-page. http://www.cac.mil/uniformed-services-id-card/
A person may not purchase, rent, or receive a handgun after October 1, 2013 unless they possess a valid Handgun Qualification License (HQL) issued by the Maryland State Police or qualify for exemption status.
Exceptions to possession of the HQL License
- A Licensed Firearms Manufacturer.
- Active law enforcement officer or a person retired in good standing from a law enforcement agency of the United States (Federal Law Enforcement), the State, or a local law enforcement agency of the State.
- Active or retired member of the United States Armed Forces or National Guard and possesses a valid military identification card.
- A person purchasing, renting or receiving an antique, curio or relic as defined in federal law.
- Maryland licensed firearms dealers. (Sole Proprietors)
Required to have the HQL, but exempt from the training component
- Someone who completed a firearms safety training course approved by the Secretary of the Department of Maryland State Police.
- Has completed a course of instruction in the competency and safety of firearms as prescribed under Natural Resources Article, §10-301.1, Annotated Code of Maryland. Application for the Maryland Department of Natural Resources Hunter Safety Course Certificate can be obtained from here and may be used in lieu of Qualified Handgun Instruction.
- Is currently a qualified handgun instructor.
- Is an honorably discharged member of the armed forces of the United States or National Guard.
- Is an employee of an armored car company who has a handgun permit issued by MSP.
- Lawfully owns a regulated firearm, you do not have to complete the training to apply for the Handgun Qualification License.
In accordance with the Firearm Safety Act of 2013, individuals who are voluntarily admitted to an inpatient psychiatric facility (either state, private or acute general), for a period of 30 consecutive days or more, or involuntarily certified and retained by an Administrative Law Judge may have to surrender their firearms and will be prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm unless an individual is granted relief from firearm disqualification. DHMH makes available to persons who are prohibited from possessing certain firearms a process to apply for relief from these prohibitions
For Maryland Residents use this link below to MDSP License Division web page. You can also use Maryland State Police link below to check what handguns & long guns are legal for purchase in Maryland.
Fees for Maryland Residents:
$25.00 NCIC Background Check
Maryland Apply for Firearm Purchases Quickly & Easily
Link below to Maryland State Police Firearms Search
Contact me now and get certified to purchase a handgun in the state of Maryland it’s NOW the law.